Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One Can't Accuse Me of Blogverbosity

Oh wow..another year has gone by..I've noticed that I seem to update this on a yearly basis. I'm happy to say that time away from the pc, with one project after another, has kept me away.

I've been busy with purses, some kids' clothing & whanot...not to mention a couple of hellions that keep me on my toes. My daughter continues to be an angel, though everyone warns me of the coming, much-dreaded teen years, where it will all change. I'm hoping that I would be spared the whole ordeal (my friends' word, I'm still blissfully ignorant) & have a relatively drama-free few years. Wish me luck.

Here's a couple of the purses I've made..I really love this fabric. It's Michael Miller "Feeling Groovy"..I got it from one of my favorite Etsy shops, http://www.aboveallfabric.etsy.com/.



















And another favorite, though, I can't remember where I got the fabric. It comes from my stash of "Asiana" collection. I named the purse "Sakura" (the fabric has cherry blossoms all over). I love making fabric flowers for buttons & brooches, too & couldn't resist adding that little detail here, as I did with the Feeling Groovy purse.



















And yet, another favorite...Alexander Henry "Brora Red" fabric. It's got black leather handles with black leather "belt" on the front, too. For some reason, this fabric reminds me of Klimt paintings.




I wanted to take a break from the purses & made a cute little smock dress. This fabric is divine! It has incredible details in the ribbons & embroidery. So far, I haven't been lucky in the little girl model department..all the little girls I know are either too small or too big (dress is size 3). *sigh*

The kiddies are back in school in a week, I can't believe it's so close! I will miss the sproglets, but, I have such a long list of projects to keep me busy. I can't wait to paint over this so so awful living room colors! I have a few samples from Sherwin Williams, I'm torn..but I'm thinking definitely some kinda of granny smith apple green. I'm soooo over the dark look!
Oh wow..ok, the dog is barking madly..poor UPS guy! My fabric order is here (from http://www.reprodepot.com/) , I'm sure of it...weeeei! I'll show off later, I'm sure!
Hope everyone has a lovely day!




No comments: